Most of the human body consists of 70-80% water (blood plasma is actually 92% water!). Nothing in the body can occur without water. Communication between cells depends on water. All biochemical reactions that cell’s undergo in order to produce their energy, proteins, hormones, neurotransmitters, etc. require the presence of water. Not water, no communication; no biochemical reactions, no life!
1. Nerve transmission. There are small waterways or micro-streams along the full length of neurons. These allow the sodium-potassium pump to operate and guide the action potentials towards the axon terminal endings. When the body is dehydrated, nerve transmission is compromised and brain function is strongly diminished. Mental illnesses can be a result of brain cell dehydration. Chronic nerve pain can be a result of chronic dehydration. Other chronic pain conditions including arthritis can often be reduced significantly after proper hydration.
2. Muscle contraction. Water is required for the sodium, potassium and calcium ions that are involved in skeletal muscle contraction and relaxation to be transported within the muscle fiber.
3. Free radicals. When the body’s tissues are dehydrated, free radicals are produced. Effective hydration removes free radicals faster than any other therapy. Taking supplements to reduce free radicals is often times ineffective if the true problem is dehydration. A fully hydrated body may reduce the need for antioxidant supplements.
4. Lung function. Lung dehydration is considered a significant factor in respiratory disease. Sometimes the most dramatic results, and can be obtained in asthma and chronic bronchitis with simple rehydration.
5. Cell division. Dehydration is a major producer of stress in the body and it alters the balance of amino acids. This will allow DNA errors during cell division that can lead to many diseases such as cancer and other cell mutation problems.
6. Energy conductor. Water is also considered a viral conductor of energy such as meridian energy and other body energy systems. When the body is dehydrated, it is very difficult for energy-based therapies such as acupuncture, polarity therapy, magnetic healing and other bio-energetic therapies to work. The body simply cannot take full advantage of them.
7. Synthesis of emotions. Emotions affect the membranes of all cells in the body. So if emotions are not synthesized and harmonized through the action of water, they will drastically affect the transport of materials across cell membranes. Also, in bioenergetics, water is associated with joy and the acceptance of joy in one’s life. Dehydration symbolizes a lack of joy.
8. Hyperactivity. Hyperactive children are often dehydrated because they are not drinking plain water – juices and pop laden with sugar and caffeine are more common and only aggravate the symptoms.
9. Malnourishment. People can be malnourished despite excellent diets. Water must carry nutrients from the bloodstream across the cell wall through osmosis or through an assisted type of transport system. Many nutritional deficiency conditions are often specific dehydration.
10. Lymphatic and immune tissues. Dehydration also profoundly affects the movement of lymph through the body and causes the lymph system to clog up and malfunction. Waste products from cellular metabolism cannot be eliminated and build up in the tissues. The lymph system is also closely tied into immune system function so proper hydration of the body is an important aspect of being able to ward off bacterial and viral infection, cope with allergies and food intolerances and deal with toxins that have come into contact with the body.
11. Rejuvenation of skin. Skin relies on water to keep its youthful appearance.
The importance of water is now fairly well established. Many people carry around their own supply of drinking water in bottles. Even so, some people who drink plenty of water may still be dehydrated. This is because the hydration of cells is a matter of water moving across the cell membranes and into the interior of the cells. This is where iWater® comes into play. By re-aligning the H2O molecule into a Single File Alignment (SFA) rather than have it remain in it’s clustered state, it can access the Aquaporins of each cell for complete hydration. The human body consists of 70-100 trillion cells. With this type of complete hydration, nutrients are carried in and waste products are carried out in a much more efficient manner.
HUMAN BODY WATER COMPOSITION BY ORGAN/TISSUE
- MUSCLE – 75% HEART – 80-90%
- FAT – 20% LUNG – 80-90%
- BLOOD – 83% BRAIN – 75%
BONES – 22%